Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank heaven for orange juice


Sleeve pattern for white top
















So here we have yesterday's and today's contributions to Me-Made-June.     The white top is a modification of Vogue 1086, with added sleeves (pattern to the right), shortened length, and the gathers below the midriff removed.   Its worn over a RTW tank.  The jeans are the same ones from Saturday, traced from a pair I got at Gap.

Today is a low effort sort of a day.  I'm home sick, and had I not been doing MMJ, I probably wouldn't have bothered getting dressed.   The capris are made from the same 'pattern' and fabric as the previous pair of jeans -- but I didn't have quite enough left to do full length.   The shirt is RTW and the orange juice is Tropicana No-Pulp.

If I can get my act together, the plan is to start back up on that drindle dress I was fitting forever ago.  I have the fabric all cut out, and as I'm nearly out of white thread for the serger, will be trying my hand at french seams.   The only thing I'm really worried about is the button-holes.   the bh-function on my machine is broken (and frankly has been forever -- not that I have *ever* got a button-holer to work properly, even on functional machines.   As a result I usually do bound button holes or snaps.... (on one occasion I used doll overall clasps -- they are actually a perfect size) so... yeah, I'll deal with that when I get to it, but think happy thoughts of not ruining this just when I am nearly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...